Friday, February 1, 2013

EVERYONE HATES YOU

      I think everyone has, on some level, a need for people to like them. So it's puzzling when you find out that someone 'hates' you who you don't even know. What is it that determines whether or not we like someone? Unsurprisingly, the answer is power.      
      I'm a pretty quiet person, especially around people I don't know very well. A lot of people think I'm frigid, but I'm not! #5 on the list I have posted at the end perfectly describes me. I always thought that saying nothing was better than saying something stupid. But snubbing people makes them feel like they aren't worth your time, which means the power is in your hands. They resent this, and, thus, hate you! Isn't society great?
      After reading this article, I have made an effort to talk to people more. To be honest, it isn't that bad! I really don't like awkward situations (Like, I'm terrified of being stuck in a room with someone I don't know. Is that weird?) and I think that maybe I am the problem. The world isn't out to get you, it just wants to think it's better than you in every way!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-youre-accidentally-making-everyone-hate-you/

P.S. This article may not be... school appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. I read the article that you posted and I have to say number five surprised me. I always thought it was better to just keep quiet than to talk to somebody you don't know. I guess it makes sense though.

    ReplyDelete